Other factors include diseases such as dermatitis and medications. Although hair loss is very common, it can be a tough thing to live with for many people. Luckily there are lots of ways to slow and even stop hair loss - although you cannot regenerate dead hair follicles once they have completely gone.
Common causes of hair loss include:
- Heredity. In most cases, hair loss is inherited, which means it’s passed down from one or both of your parents. This is called male-pattern or female-pattern hair loss.
- Stress, including physical stress from surgery, illness, or high fever.
- Chemotherapy, which is powerful medicine that destroys cancer cells.
- Damage to your hair from pulling it back too tightly, wearing tight braids or ponytails, or using curling irons or dyes.
- Age, since you grow less hair as you get older. Hair also gets thinner and tends to break more easily as you age.
- Poor diet, especially not getting enough protein or iron.
- Thyroid diseases, like hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism.
- Ringworm of the scalp, which is common in children.
1: Capsaicin promotes hair growth in mice and in humans with alopecia: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17569567
2: Effect of caffeine on the proliferation of human hair follicles in vitro: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17214716
ThermaScalp uses the power of caffeine and capsaicin (hot peppers) to invigorate the scalp with a thermal reaction that permeates follicles to instantly relieve itching, irritation and dandruff. This exclusive formulation also contains other proven herbal extracts including Saw Palmetto, Pygeum and Olive leaf. Aside from increasing absorption through the scalp, the Caffeine and Capsaicin in this formula also supercharge nerve endings that promote follicle regeneration and healthy hair growth. This all natural formula contains no chemicals and can be used in addition to any hair regimen. ThermaScalp relieves irritation, dryness and itching in less than 60 seconds for most users and the soothing relief lasts all day long. The caffeine also protects hair and follicles from UV damage and prevents itchy scalp conditions. Learn More at www.Greensations.com